How to Address this Silent Crisis Head-On
Presenter: Michael Thiemann, co-founder and chief executive officer, Zebit, Inc.
View live: April 7, 2016 – 12 noon ET / 9 a.m. PT (available for on-demand viewing through August 2016)
Program length: 60 minutes
Cue the tense muscles, upset stomach, headache and rapid heartbeat. We’ve all felt it and it’s all too familiar a feeling. Stress affects us all, but for HR teams, workplace stress has become the silent crisis. An organization’s ability to deal with stress’ alarming impact can mean the difference between success and failure. The American Institute of Stress estimates stress costs U.S. businesses $300 billion annually. The number one cause of stress is financial stress; a recent report by Financial Finess found 85 percent of employees have reported at least some level of financial strain.
Numbers don’t lie, and to stop productivity and revenue leakage caused by the employee stress factor, HR professionals more than ever need to address the issue head on.
In this program, Michael Thiemann of Zebit, Inc., will discuss how to tackle financial stress in the workplace and simple ways to protect the investment made in talent acquisition and retention. Among the questions that will be answered:
- How do we improve employee financial wellness without issuing a companywide wage increase?
- Is offering retirement planning, like 401(k) options enough?
- How can we easily implement a financial wellness program?
- What are employees’ top financial concerns and why and how should HR address them?
– See more at: https://www.shrm.org/multimedia/webcasts/pages/0316thiemann.aspx#sthash.4kb8oZyO.dpuf